Title IV-D Child Support Services.
The mission of the Shoshone-Bannock Tribes Title IV‑D Child Support Services Program is to foster family stability and community well-being by providing effective and timely child support services to meet the needs of Indian families.
Child Support Services.
Parents providing more personal and financial responsibility for their children leading to an increase in our future generations well-being.
Child First means “All the work we do is for the child.” The Tribes recognize that the future of the Shoshone-Bannock Tribes is in our children and strives to provide services to protect the security, well-being and health of the children.
- Children are sacred and are our highest priority;
- The future of the Shoshone-Bannock Tribes is in our children;
- Children have the right to financial, medical, cultural and emotional support;
- Responsible parents provide a stable, safe and healthy lifestyle for their children;
- Family balance is important to maintain individual and community harmony;
- Culture is an integral part of child upbringing;
- All clients are treated fairly and their rights are protected;
- The needs of every family will be addressed;
- Relationships and communication are key success factors;
- Individuals make better decisions when they are informed; and
- Community participation and outreach ensures that customs, values and traditions are preserved.
- Locating an Absent Parent
- Paternity Establishment (including genetic tests)
- Establishing a Child Support Order
- Modifying a Child Support Order
- Enforcing a Child Support Order
- Coordinating with other Child Support agencies
- Legal Guardians Requesting Child Support
Per Capita Garnishment.
Per capita garnishments happen when a non-custodial parent is in arrears of three (3) months or more at their obligated monthly amount. Even if a partial payment is made within those three months, per capita garnishment will happen at the behind amount. To avoid per capita garnishment, please pay your monthly obligation on time.
News & Highlights.
Below are the applications necessary to initiate child support services. Our services are not mandatory, but highly recommended. There is no application filing fee. Please complete all forms.